> Cannot Afford Konad Nail Polish

Cannot Afford Konad Nail Polish

Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 | 4 Comments

Hey everyone! So I'm back for another post. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Konad Stamping, but when I first heard of it I thought it was the most amazing product. Flawless pictures can be stamped onto the nail in a matter of seconds to create wonderful nail art!

Anyway, the first time I heard of this product was last year when I was at PNE. They sold the basic kit for approx $30 or so and I thought that was totally ridiculous. It came with 2 or 3 bottles of Konad Stamping nail polish and they told me that the nail polish that comes with it is especially thick in order to create smudge-less images. I couldn't fork out that kind of money at the time, so I passed and then later purchased individual plates online (along with a scraper and stamper, of course). Since then I have been using my own "normal" nail polish to do the stamping. I do have a bottle of dark blue nail polish from many years ago when my brother bought it to fix this scratch on his badminton racquet (or so he says...) and that one worked the best since it had thickened over the years.

My boyfriend has been telling me about this TV show called "The Shopping Bag" or something and they do reviews on different products. I never watched this show before, but they apparently got canceled not too long ago (?). Either way, their website is still up and I took a look at their nail polish reviews. I wasn't going to repeat their nail polish review, but they had a warning on the web page telling you not to put your nail polish into the refrigerator because that can thicken it and you would not be able to apply it directly to your nails anymore. This was perfect! That's exactly what I want! So I put my nail polish in the fridge a couple days ago, I haven't checked back since then, but I will let you know what happened once I do.

Let me know if you have tried this before. I'm really curious on your thoughts about this. Also, have you ever purposely tried to thicken your nail polish? What did you do/use?

-Juli

Comments:4

  1. I know that for Konading you get just ONE change to get the design to transfer so it isn't about thickness of a polish, it is about the polish being a ONE COAT polish.
    Here is a list of polishes that some have said work for Konading:
    http://sassestampingstampede.wordpress.com/polish/
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say that I have tried to thicken my polishes on purpose. But, thanks for this great tip. Any less than popular polishes can go into the refrig for a try-out.

    I'm looking forward to your review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Juli I'm still in San Diego but I wanted to post a quick comment. I'm not sure if the fridge thing works cus currently I do have some nail polish in the fridge because I was told it would help it retain it's color over time some have been in the fridge for 5 yrs but not thick at all not sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - I took them out of the fridge the other day and tried them out. Didn't seem like it worked. Guess time is the best nail polish thickener out there until I find another home remedy.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.